Oat Bran Breakfast
1 cup of oat bran
1/4 cup old-fashioned oats (rolled oats)
4 cups of water
2 TBS agave nectar or pure maple syrup (or as much or as little as you wish)
2 bananas, sliced or 1 fuji apple, diced
A few sprinkles of cinnamon (optional)
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat combine the oat bran, rolled oats, and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly for about five minutes or until the oat bran mixture is creamy.
- Add in the agave nectar or maple syrup. Sprinkle in cinnamon, if using. If you are using the blueberries you can also add them in at this point, or just top the oat bran with the blueberries.
- Slice the bananas or dice the apple, depending on which you choose to use, and divide evenly between two bowls.
- Spoon oat bran on top of the bananas or apple.
- Top the oat bran with chopped dates and walnuts.
- Enjoy pipping hot with a tall glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.