Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bacon Chili Cheeseburger



Okay, so lately I have been hitting Sage Vegan Bistro often. That's what happens when you get injured and can't cook for yourself. Anyway, I came upon this amazing vegan creation by accident. This is the last thing I would have ever ordered on the Sage menu. I am not a big fan of foods that imitate the very foods I no longer eat. Even when I used to eat meat, I would rarely be tempted to order a bacon chili cheeseburger. Well, the waiter at Sage gave me the wrong order. I had ordered their Chipotle Burger and got this instead. As I was eating it I wondered why it tasted so much like a Tommy's Chili Cheeseburger. It did not taste like chipotle at all. I was so hungry that I didn't really think about it much longer until I got the check and realized I had eaten a Bacon Chili Cheeseburger, vegan of course. Well, it was a good thing the waiter made this mistake because I would have probably never ordered this. It was one great meal, like a Tommy's Chili Cheeseburger minus the bloating, acid reflux, flatulence, saturated fat, salt, and guilt.

Here's what's in the burger: tempeh bacon, homemade black bean chili, harissa, and sundried tomato cashew cheese, white bean and roasted pepper patty, homemade spicy dill pickles, lettuce, heirloom tomato, red onion, and garlic aioli.

No comments:

Post a Comment